Dr. Pickett is one of less that 5% of dentists nationwide to achieve the FAGD accreditation. But, what exactly does the FAGD distinction mean in dentistry? What does it mean for you as one of our patients at Pickett Family Dental in Keller, TX?
What is an FAGD Dentist?
Doctors, dentists, and other professional often have numerous acronyms following their names from degrees and achievements. They all have different meanings. The FAGD acronym stands for “Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry.” Is is one of the most prestigious awards in dentistry and designates that the awarded dentist has achieved clear standing of excellence within their profession. There are about 40,000 dentists, or just 5% in North America that have attained this achievement and requires the dentist to do the following:
- Earn a minimum of 500 approved continuing education credits
- Pass a comprehensive 400-question examination
- Maintain membership in the AGD for at least 3 consecutive years
What Does Dr. Pickett Being an FAGD Dentist Mean For You
As an FAGD, Dr. Tyson Pickett, DDS FAGD has demonstrated serious commitment to the highest standards and levels of excellence in dentistry. He has made clear and unwavering effort to:
- Keep up with the latest advances in dentistry. You will always have the best, most advanced treatments available at Pickett Family Dental. We don’t practice less-effective and outdated methods, because we continually strive to implement the latest and greatest techniques available.
- Devote nearly all of his off-work hours to continuing education in dentistry to provide top-tier care.
- Maintain his standing with the AGD to show that he doesn’t settle for making a living off his dental credentials. Dr. Pickett continues to learn through taking an additional 75 hours of continuing education every three years.
Beyond FAGD Certification
Dr. Tyson Pickett, DDS FAGD is continuing his efforts to learn and improve on his ability to provide the very best dental care possible. Through continual work and study, Dr. Tyson K. Pickett, DDS FAGD will eventually reach the MAGD or Master of the Academy of General Dentistry.