Dr. Pickett and Dr. Oser provide safe, trusted sedation options to all our patients because of the overwhelming percentage of Americans that have some form of dental anxiety. The dentist is well known for being a dreaded place to go even from childhood. It’s one of the reasons you should take your child to the dentist at a young age, so that you can help prevent this fear from affecting them.
If you are like one of the 75% of Americans with dental anxiety, our team at Pickett Family Dental can:
- Allow you to print and prepare all your forms to shorten your visit
- Help you relax in our comfortable lobby prior to your appointment
- Offer either nitrous oxide or an oral sedation to help you to proceed with a stress-free treatment
- Make your experience pleasant enough so that you feel better about returning for your next follow-up appointment
If dental anxiety bothers you because of a past, traumatic experience, please give us a call 817-431-5514 to find out how having trusted, experienced dentists who care about each individual patient can help you overcome your anxiety.
Providing the Best Sedation Option for You
At Pickett Family Dental, we offer two types of trusted sedation options. When you come in for your consultation or appointment we will discuss your questions and concerns to determine the best sedation option for you. The two options available are:
Commonly known as “laughing gas,” this sedation option allows you to comfortably inhale during your treatment, then return back to normal sensation without any drowsiness.
Oral conscious sedation
This provides for a deeper sedation that still leaves you conscious and able to respond, although with drowsiness for an extended period of time. If you choose this option, you will need to arrange transportation after your treatment.
There are three main benefits to dental sedation that should be considered:
- Anxiety-free treatment
- Being able to stay conscious while sedated in order to respond to the dentist and staff
- Remain comfortable while receiving multiple treatments during a single visit
We will continue to monitor your vital signs during treatment to ensure your comfort and overall health during the entire procedure.
Ensuring Your Comfort In Addition To Sedation
Our doctors at Pickett Family Dental can provide more minor additional sedation method including:
- Topical Anesthesia: We can also provide topical anesthesia using a swab to numb your mouth during restorative dentistry procedures for a fully-conscious treatment
- Injected anesthesia: Our dentists can completely remove any discomfort with a small needle that injects a local anesthesia for more difficult procedures