Many people seek orthodontic treatment for their crooked teeth. But, what about crowded teeth? Crowded teeth are a symptom of your teeth running out of space within your mouth, causing them to press on each other from different sides.
Because of the effects of crowded teeth, it’s better to treat crowded teeth earlier when the teeth first begin to lose spacing rather than waiting until adulthood. It’s possible that if left untreated, crooked and pressured teeth can force other teeth to move in front of or behind other teeth. This can lead to many other problems.
Why Fix Teeth Crowding?
Teeth crowding isn’t simply a cosmetic dentistry problem. It can lead to long term dental and health issues. Here are some of the reasons we recommend treating crowded teeth at Pickett Family Dental in Keller, TX:
- Tooth alignment early on can prevent major dental surgery and expenses later on.
- Creating proper spacing between teeth increases the durability and strength of teeth over their lifetime.
- The teeth support the jaw and thus, makes chewing easier on the bones and muscles, and well as supports proper digestion.
- Reduces the likelihood of headaches.
- Fixing crowded teeth helps prevent tooth and gum decay as well as cavities.
- Reduced chance of getting gum disease
- Prevent wear and tear from improper rubbing and grinding of the teeth
- More confidence in your smile!
How Do You Treat Crowded Teeth?
There are three main options to repairing teeth crowding. Treatments can vary depending upon the age of the patient, amount of available space within the mouth, and how extreme the case may be. The best treatments for a teenager may be different than an adult. These treatment options include:
- Braces: Braces are an extremely effective method of improving teeth alignment. If there is plenty of room in your mouth, then braces may be all that is necessary. However, sometimes more must be done in order to create the space for the braces to work properly. To learn more, schedule an appointment with our Keller, TX dentist office.
- Invisilign: While Invisilign can help greatly, we don’t usually recommend this method because there are other options that are nearly as effective, yet far cheaper. If this does interest you because of how unnoticeable Invisilign can be, then ask us our dentists at your next appointment.
- Retainers: Retainers have long been a popular method for holding teeth into place and slowly realigning them. These can be adjusted easily for a changing smile and has been a great solution for many teenagers.
Contact Our Dental Office in Keller, TX to Fix Your Crowded Teeth
If you have crowded teeth and want to know the best solution for your mouth, talk to our very own Dr. Tyson Pickett and he will give you his recommendation based on your specific needs. Simply call us at (817) 431-5514 today!