A smile makeover is the process of improving the aesthetic uniformity and beauty of the smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as: dental veneers, tooth bonding, KoR teeth whitening, and custom smile design. With our CEREC smile design process, patients can be at ease because we can actually show their smile on a mock-up before we even begin.
By coming to our Keller Cosmetic Dentist office right off of Keller Parkway, we can help you create the perfect smile that you’re excited to have, and gain all the confidence that comes with being able to show off perfect, straight, and white teeth that belong in your mouth.
Some components need to be taken into consideration for every cosmetic dentistry service related to a smile makeover. With that in mind, there are nine things that we look for before beginning any work on your teeth:
- Tooth Color: Many patients come in with old silver or amalgam dental fillings that stand out. It’s a simple procedure to replace those old fillings with natural, tooth-colored composite restorations that match the rest of your teeth. If you plan on having your teeth whitened, we recommend on changing the color of the replacement tooth after the whitening process is complete. Tooth shading overall is important during a variety of procedures, such as veneers, crowns, bridges, tooth bonding, and dental implants.
- Alignment and Spacing: No one wants to have crooked, misaligned teeth, or the awkward spacing that comes with it. We offer several options for teeth alignment as well as recommendations on how to get the best pricing for it.
- Missing Teeth: A missing tooth can have a strong negative effect on your smile as well as your oral health. Replacing missing teeth is one of our specialties and we offer dental implants, bridges, and denture options as solutions to your missing teeth.
- Harmony and Symmetry: Gummy, chipped, cracked, and uneven teeth caused by grinding them at night or from a dental accident can easily be fixed. Sometimes within minutes. If your teeth are damaged, please call us immediately for a fast, lasting solution.
- Fuller Lips, Smile, and Cheeks: Weight and age can affect our teeth. Our cosmetic dentistry training has us prepared no matter the difficulty.
- Tooth Length: Teeth lengthening can be beneficial in adding a slimming effect and add a more youthful appearance, especially if you feel you have a gummy smile.
- Smile Line: Dr. Pickett, our cosmetic dentist can help match your smile line (the imaginary line that follows the edges of the upper teeth to the curve of the lower lip) to appropriately match the length of your teeth.
- Tooth Proportions: Yes, teeth have general healthy looking proportions of a 4:5 ration in width-to-length. We use measurements to help us address and improve the appearance of your smile.
- Tooth Texture and Characterization: Our dentists are highly skilled and can improve your natural appearance by adjusting the look and feel of your crowns and veneers to better match your personality.
How long does a smile makeover take?
With the advancements we’ve applied at our dental office, most parts of a smile makeover can be completed within a day, unless there are serious issues that need to be addressed prior to beginning the cosmetic work. Issue could include damaged and decayed teeth, gum disease, and overall physical and oral health. Barring this, we are extremely adept at providing you a complete, convenient, and comfortable smile makeover. Simply schedule an appointment with our office by giving us a call during normal business hours, or by sending us a message through our online contact form.